Protectmeter Y201(1PC)+Monitor AlarmY301(1PCS) Natural Gas Leak Monitor Detector Alarm Digital For Home
Video User Manual
1. Plug-in Type (Y302) Installation
Directly plug into the power socket. Scientific and compact design leaves the 2nd outlet free for other devices.
2. Extension Type (Y301) Installation
Smooth walls use 3M circular double side adhesive sticker or fasten the detachable back
plate by 2 sets of mounting screws.
Rough walls only use 2 sets of mounting screws to fasten the detachable back plate， pay
attention to the direction of the detachable back plate, refer to the up arrow.
3. Natural Gas (Methane) VS LPG (Propane)
Natural Gas is typically supplied through a main utility line
connected to your home, which is comprised of methane gas and much lighter than air. If leakage, natural gas rises
towards ceiling and accumulates in areas near ceiling, mount your detector around 30cm (12 inches) away from the ceiling
and 1.5~3 meters away from gas supply to ensure the earliest opportunity to detect methane leak.
Propane is typically supplied to homes via delivery truck in
liquid form and stored near the home in propane tanks, and much heavier than air and will collect at lower levels. Mount
detector around 30cm (12 inches) away from the floor and 1.5~3 meters away from gas supply to ensure the earliest
opportunity to detect a propane leak.
Protectmeter Natural Gas Detector-Y302
Monitor Gas Leakage 24 hours for family safety
Y302 combustible gas detector is directly plugged into power socket to monitor constantly and
can give out a visual and audible alarm when gas concentration is above 5% LEL. Alarm level ranges from 0% to 20% of
LEL for multiple combustible gases including methane, propane, coal gas, town gas, LNG etc.
Y301 and Y302 are used for 24h gas monitor and detection, for find and locate exact gas leak
point, refer to product Y201.
Why is this product for you?
Monitor Gas Leakage 24 hours for family safety
It can be used in natural gas or LPG consuming or storing places such as residence, office, workplace, plant, storage, kitchen and bath in which gas leak and accumulation may occur.
Everything you need for to keep your house safe!
Some of the great features of this product:
Monitor Gas Leakage 24 hours for family safety
- It keeps the place safe from the
threats of combustible gas (such as liquefied petroleum gas, natural gas, methane, etc.)
- High reliability semiconductor
- Real-time reporting of detected gas
- High reliable catalytic combustion
method and gas concentration displaying.
Detailed Instruction manual included
HOW TO USE:
– To detect leaks while minimizing false alarms, turn the sensitivity dial upward toward (+) until the device begins to alarm away from any gas leak. Turn sensitivity dial downward (-) slightly until alarm stops and 1st LED just turns off. Now, any small increase of gas level (as from a leak!) will cause the alarm to sound.
-If alarm sounds prematurely, sensitivity needs to be decreased to prevent false alarms.
– Each leak varies in leak rate and background gas concentration, so adjust sensitivity level to find any leak.
– Allow device to warm up sensor for 10s until yellow “Warm Up” light turns off.
Maximum Sensitivity: 50 ppm
Alarm range: 0.1%-40% LEL
Warm up time: 10s
Response time: ≤2s (10% LEL)
Alarm: Visual with 6 Red LEDs, Audio with Variable Tone Frequency
Power: 3 AAA batteries
– Gas Leak Detector
Y201 x 1
Y302 x 2
– Detailed Instruction Manual
So what are you waiting for? Add our gas detector to cart and protect your home and working environment now!
|Item Weight||0.5 lb (230g)|
|Package Size||4.72”x 4.72”x2.36” (120mmx120mmx60mm)|
|Installation Method||Directly plug into the power socket|
|Material||V0 fire-resistance ABS+ PC Material|
|Sound Level||85 dB at 9.84 ft (3 m)|
|Detected Gases||Natural gas (methane), LPG (propane) and coal gas|
|Area of Usage||Household, Camper|
|Body Material||V0 fire-resistance ABS+ PC Material|
|Power Consumption||Around 3.0W|
Protectmeter Y201 Portable Methane Propane Combustible Natural Gas Leak Sniffer Detector
- DETECT VARIOUS FLAMMABLE GASES: Portable Natural gas sniffer and tester is used to locate exact gas leak for various combustible gas, such as methane, natural gas, propane, LPG, sewer gas, coal gas, gasoline, fuel and other flammable gases
- DETECTION RANGE: Approximately 50 to 10,000 ppm (Based on Methane)
- EASY-TO-USE GAS LEAK DETECTOR: Powered by 3 AAA batteries (Not included), 12 inch bendable gooseneck can locate and detect the gas leaks even in hard-to-reach areas at home & VR, kitchen and fireplace etc., see “How and Where to Use the Y201 Combustible Gas Detector” video
- SOUND AND VISUAL GAS ALARM: Six red LED’s (visual) and 85dB audible alerts once encounter gas leakage along pipeline or around the suspected leakage points
- LIFETIME WARRANTY INFORMATION: Design patent and certifications are applied to make sure the product quality and uniqueness. Lifetime warranty and technical support with proof of purchase. Replacement and friendly customer service are available even it’s broken
Where to use: Locate gas leak point at home & VR
The Y201 portable sniffer is an easy-to-use device that provides sound and visual alarm in presence of methane, propane, such as LPG, fuel and natural gas.
It’s mainly used to find and locate exact gas leak point along gas pipeline, around fittings or connectors at home & VR, and other similar applications. Helps to save hundreds of diagnostic fees from technician or plumber, and makes it’s possible to debug gas leakage anytime by DIY.
For 24h gas monitor and detection, refer to Y301 and Y302.
How to use: most important steps/tips – Sensitivity Adjustment
Rotate the knob to adjust sensitivity
Ready to sniff or trace leakage
Frequently asked questions and concerns:
1, Could tell more related to use?
- 1) Easy to understand video will be good choice, refer to “How and where to use the Y201 gas leak detector” around pictures area at beginning .
- 2) Get service support, engineers on staff from factory online will help to answer any questions related to leakage if above video can’t help to understand.
2, Why always has ticking sound?
The design of ticking sound has two purposes:
- 1) Indicates the device is working.For some cases, we need to extend the probe to the area that we can’t see LED lights, customers could judge thru the sound changes. The green power LED light is also used to indicate the device is working.
- 2) Represent different levels of gas leakage. Low frequency (around 2~3 times/s) means warm-up period or no leakage, if changed into high frequency (around 6~7 times/s) during detection process, means encounter leakage issue.
Notes: above is based on we set sensitivity well, because if we rotate the knob at anti-clockside too much, even there don’t have any leakage, all the 6 LED will be triggered on and sound will become piecing high frequency.
3, Some batteries only use 10~15 minutes, then low battery indicator is on.
According to our experiment data at lab for different batteries brand, usually last from 15 minutes to 4 hours. Different brand batteries have very different quality. Indeed, the device is hungry for batteries. The sensor in the probe needs large power for micro burning process and we can feel a little warm if we use finger to hold the probe. Another reason maybe product itself, components (resistor, capacitor……) tolerance or damage on the PCB board may also lead to large power consumption, but the rate is very low.
Usually when we find customers from home inspection company, we will suggest purchasing rechargeable Li-batteries, because their technicians or plumbers use the device frequently and Li-batteries will help to save some batteries cost.
4, Is it normal or safe if get 1 red bar when move to high moisture room, around connectors or simply blow on probe?
Don’t worry, it’s normal, the large moisture change and CO affect the sensor performance, and may lead to false alarm by 1~2 LED red bars, but only last for 1~3s (very short time) if we move probe away. If we encounter leakage along the pipeline or connectors, all 5~6 LED bars will be triggered on at one moment, light and piercing sound alarm will last at least for 6~8s.
5, what’s best distance between probe and pipeline/ranges/connectors…. during check process?
Recommend 1~10cm, if too far, concentration will become smaller as distance increase from leak point, and maybe not enough find and locate tiny leakage.
6, How about bubble method to check leakage compared with Y201?
Bubble is very good way and can be used to check all kinds of gas leakage while Y201 is mainly used for combustible gas. But for very tiny leakage and very strong leakage, bubble method maybe not good enough:
- 1) too tiny leak can’t blow up bubble, too strong will blow the liquid away and can’t have bubble,
- 2) some areas we can’t extend to apply bubble liquid,
- 3) need good luck and skills to control the bubble liquid concentration if DIY bubble liquid,
- 4) in some case, liquid contact may lead to equipment or device damage.
The best way is: use both methods for double confirm if allowed, since bubble is more visible.
|Alarm||Visual: 6 red LEDs, Audible: variable speed ticking|
|Response Time||≤ 2 seconds (10% LEL, Lower Explosive Limit)|
|Warm up Time||Around 10 seconds|
|Batteries Required?||Yes, AAA batteries, 3 pcs, not included|
|Battery Life||Approximately 15 minutes to 4 hours (Large difference between different battery brands according to experiments data in the lab)|
|Operating Temperature||0 ~55 ℃ (32℉~131℉)|
|Relative Humidity||≤ 95% to avoid condensation|
|Size||14.6”x 2.8”x1.2” (37.0cm x 7.0cm x 3.2cm), housing material: plastic|
|Product Type||Portable||Plug In||Plug In||Extension with 1.5m wire|
|Product Size||47cm X 7cm X 3.5cm||90cm X 84cm X 39cm||94cm X 94cm X 31cm||94cm X 94cm X 31cm|
|Power Supply & Consumption||AAA Battery (No Included) 3.5
|Sensor Type||Semiconductor Gas Sensor||Semiconductor Gas Sensor||Catalytic Gas Sensor||Catalytic Gas Sensor|
|Detection Gas||Methane & propane corresponding gas mixture with methane or propane||Methane & propane corresponding gas mixture with methane or propane||Methane & propane corresponding gas mixture with methane or propane||Methane & propane corresponding gas mixture with methane or propane|
|Alarm Type||Sound & LED Alarm||Buzzer & Light Alarm||Voice & Light Alarm||Voice & Light Alarm|
|Certification & Test||FCC,CE,RoHS and UL Test||FCC,CE,RoHS and UL Test||FCC,CE,RoHS and UL Test||FCC,CE,RoHS and UL Test|
|Application||Exect leak point location for home, Kitchen, RV, Trailer, basement & other similer environment use combustible gas.||24h gas monitor and Detection for home Kitchen, RV, Trailer, basement & other similer environment use combustible gas.||24h gas monitor and Detection for home Kitchen, RV, Trailer, basement & other similer environment use combustible gas.||24h gas monitor and Detection for home Kitchen, RV, Trailer, basement & other similer environment use combustible gas.|